Followers

Friday, January 28, 2011

I Roman Polanski


My other art history class is on the film genre of psychological horror. The first class is this Tuesday but the first film we'll be studying played at the Gene Siskel Film Center tonight so I took Audra out to see it.

It's a great flick! I hate spoilers so if you want to see it, don't get turned off by the somewhat slow start. The tension of the film is slowly building up to the meat of the story.

I will say that if you haven't ever seen a Polanski film you may want to work up to this one. Chinatown is a classic. Rosemary's Baby would be a good film to see. If you can't live without color you may want to buy a coloring book instead start with The Pianist.

If you're still interested in this guy I highly recommend watching Knife in the Water. This is one of my favorite movies of all time. It's in Polish so you'll be reading subtitles. Unless you are Polish. In which case you'll probably break the DVD trying to change a lightbulb or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment