Followers

Friday, January 28, 2011

Figure In Ceramics

(Above is some kitsch soon to be replaced with the work I did today.)

Spring 2011, Day 2

Today was my first day in Patricia Reger's figure sculpting class. I'm really excited about this class. First, its figure sculpting, in ceramics, for college credit. Second, the instructor is one of the best in the department. Not only is she intelligent and knowledgeable but she also makes a great effort to be involved with her students' progression, both conceptually and technically (which is somewhat rare for this school).

Today she had a one-on-one discussion with me and we talked about my influences, my previous work, my artistic goals, and my technical experience. She also asked me if I've been running into any technical problems with my work method and then provided solutions! She had a slideshow that featured a relevant artist who I hadn't heard of before and she said she would look for more artists that could inform my work. Just for me!

But I'm not special. She did this for every student in the class!

This woman works hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment